Wine Guild Victoria’s response to the Covid-19 virus
All events scheduled for March, April and May 2020 have been cancelled
The program for the rest of 2020 will be reviewed as further information becomes available.
Regretfully, as a result of the threat of the COVID-19 virus to the community, we have no choice but to cancel Wine Guild Victoria events scheduled for March, April and May this year. They will be rescheduled for later in the year or 2021.
Although our events bring together less than the ‘official’ number limit on indoor gatherings, the majority of our members and friends are over the age of 60 and more vulnerable to the effects of the virus than the community in general.
Due to the rapidly changing scenario, we will postpone making decisions on cancelling events scheduled for the remainder of the year. Members, friends and e-News subscribers will be notified as soon as these decisions are made.
Tasmanian Tour, November 1 – 7, 2020
At this early stage we believe that it would be premature to cancel this tour. However, those who have booked and paid their deposit or full amount can be assured that if the tour is cancelled due to a lack of numbers or the status of COVID-19, they will be refunded their payments in full.
Until a decision about whether to proceed with the tour is made, the cancellation policy outlined on the Function Notice will apply.
Bookings cancelled on or before September 30, 2020 will receive a full refund less $100. Bookings cancelled on or after October 1, 2020 and before October 24, 2020 will receive a 50% refund. Bookings cancelled on or after October 25, 2020 will receive no refund. However, for any cancellation, if your place can be filled from the waiting list a full refund will apply.
We recommend that those who have booked refrain from cancelling until September 30 and make outstanding payments either in full by March 25 or by instalments. There are still 7 places available for the tour. Use the buttons below for more information and to book. Remember, if the tour has to be cancelled, your payments will be refunded in full. If the tour is cancelled it will be rescheduled for 2021 or 2022.
Coming up later in 2020
As a result of the changing circumstances the program for the rest of the year will be constantly be under review. Functions planned for March, April and May will be rescheduled and we are optimistic that the chaos caused by the Coronavirus will be over before November so that the Tasmanian tour can go ahead.